UK charity uses Devicescape’s Wi-Fi Beacon network to engage supporters and drive donations at popular locations across the UK
London, UK, February 9th, 2017 — UK consumers turned to their smartphones to support World Cancer Day 2017, with a proximity engagement campaign run on behalf of Cancer Research UK in early February driving a nine per cent click through rate.
Cancer Research UK used the Devicescape Engage proximity marketing solution to message British smartphone users, encouraging them to put their hands in their pockets and make a donation.
The campaign engaged consumers at numerous retail, hospitality, leisure, and transport locations across the country, helping to raise the profile for World Cancer Day — a key event in the charity’s calendar.
Devicescape Engage uses existing Wi-Fi installations to trigger a beacon-like proximity engagement experience at huge scale. Messages are served as lock screen notifications, with calls to action directing consumers to branded online experiences.
With Wi-Fi widely available at popular consumer locations across the UK, Cancer Research UK was able to generate support for World Cancer Day 2017 at many locations where it would not otherwise have had a presence.
Sam McAllister, brand activation lead at Cancer Research UK, said: “World Cancer Day is about uniting every person in the nation to beat cancer sooner. We’re always trying to test new and innovative ways of engaging with our supporters and the Devicescape Engage Wi-Fi Beacon network was a great example of this.
“By working with Devicescape we were able to reach thousands of people in relevant locations and saw a significant web traffic increase.”
Cancer Research UK is the first charity to partner with Devicescape to directly engage the public and drive awareness and support for its work.
“We are delighted to have been able to help Cancer Research UK engage British consumers around World Cancer Day,” said Owen Geddes, VP Market Development, Devicescape. “A message like this needs to be spread as widely as possible and, as an enabler of proximity messaging, the Devicescape Engage Wi-Fi Beacon network delivers unbeatable reach.”
To learn more, visit www.devicescape.com and follow Devicescape on Twitter @Devicescape
About Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all 200 cancers through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org. Follow Cancer Research UK on Twitter and Facebook
Devicescape enables brands and service providers to auto-connect customers to high-quality Wi-Fi — and deliver targeted proximity engagement messages — at numerous popular consumer destinations. At the heart of the Devicescape solution is the Curated Virtual Network of more than 300 million Wi-Fi access points worldwide. One network, millions of locations, limitless opportunities to connect and engage.
Devicescape Media Contact
+44 (0)7826 528 900