Last week, Devicescape launched its latest service, Wi-Fi Buddies that expands on the Devicescape auto-connect service by letting you add your home networks and then share these with friends and family.
We think this is a pretty cool feature that helps our members get online when they are on the go visiting friends and family. How many friends would you share with? How often do you think you might use this?
Check out the new service and tell us what you think!
How it works:
- Update your client software to get started with Wi-Fi Buddies:
- Go to your My Wi-Fi page and click “Add a Personal Network” to add your home Wi-Fi.
- Click on “Share” or “Request” to send out the invite to share or request access.
- Your friends get a Devicescape account, accept your invite, and get online to synch the new permissions.
- Your friends come to your house and get instant Wi-Fi internet access at your home.
- Success! You’ve shared your network and can ask them to do the same!